Friday 17 December 2010

Nan gets a make over

Nan the Van is in for a Christmas treat. In a bid to beat the VAT rise in January, I plucked up the courage to run Nan down to my trusty garage in town and get the bloke to have a good look around. I'd spotted a bit of rot on the off side sill and, knowing that to be an MOT failure, thought I might as well have the whole jolly lot sorted at the same time (besides, our pals 'The Middletons' are having their van done up this winter and We wouldn't want to let the side down come our annual Easter run out!).



All in all it's not in bad nick for a 31 year old machine. The panel over the near side front wheel is about the biggest chunk of metal that Fraser (in the picture) is welding on. Apparently the bloke who had it before was pretty handy with the filler!




Most pleased with the progress so far, another week and the welding should be complete, then it's raid the piggybank time for a respray! More pics to follow!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    We just got our '79 Super Viking (Spacemaker) over the weekend. We've provisionally named her "Berta". I remember seeing a post of yours on some forum where your're trying to get a list of Super Vikings out there. Well you can add mine to the list.

    Josh
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josh

    I've got 15 well 16 including yours what's the reg? love to see some pictures.

    cheers
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any photos of my own yet. Reg is MNX 32V. I've been leisurely trying to drum up interest in a Viking Coversions Owner's Group (more clever names are welcome). I think this would be great to share info. However, I've never started any "official" club.

    ReplyDelete